Cannot Open Any More Databases. Access Won't Close.
Another bug has been found in Microsoft Access. If you're having any of the following problems then this video may apply to you:
- "Cannot Open Any More Databases" Error
- "Can't Open Any More Tables" Error
- "Already in Use by Admin" Error
- MSACCESS.EXE Stays Running in Background
- Must be Killed with Task Manager
- Lock File LACCDB Still Exists
- I mentioned in the video that creating Trusted Locations was covered in Access Beginner 1. It's actually in Beginner 2, but that's a FREE video. Watch it.
- I haven't tested this, but some users online said that by turning off real-time virus protection and/or excluding the Access folders from being scanned, it fixed the problem for them. Obviously this is only a short-term fix until Microsoft releases a patch, but if your database is mission critical, you can go without virus scanning for a little while. Just don't download and install any new software on that machine.
- Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage Settings >
- Real time protection - set to OFF
- Exclusions > Add all Access folders to list
- According to Microsoft, this bug has been fixed in the latest update. You may have to manually update, however. File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
- This issue has been fixed in Version 2201 (Build 14827.20192)
microsoft access, ms access, ms access tutorial, #msaccess, #microsoftaccess, #help, #howto, #tutorial, #learn, #lesson, #training, #database, #fasttips, cannot open any more databases, can't open any more tables, already in use by admin, msaccess.exe won't exit, lock file, laccdb