Introducing the ABCD
The Access Business & Contact Database (ABCD) is designed to be a professional, full production-quality database to cover all of your information management needs. I have been building and teaching Access databases for over 25 years. Now, I'm finally building a solid, professional database system that you can use to run your business.
ABCD Part 1: Core
- Entities (People, Organizations)
- Multiple Phone, Address, Email Addresses
- Helper Data (Prefix, Suffix, Title, Gender, Marital Status, etc.)
- Entity List, Main Menu
- Custom Entity Code
ABCD Part 2: Core
- Helper Data Edit Popup Form
- Helper Data Editor
- Groups (Students, Employees, Parents, etc.)
- Relations (Parent/Child, Co-Worker, etc.)
- Automatic Reverse Relations
ABCD Part 3: Core
- Misc Data (Shoe Size, Favorite Sports Team, etc.)
- Required Misc Data
- Free Text Entry or Pick From List
- Admin Menu & Simple Security
- Open Form Right
- Group Editor
- Slide Out Sections for Tabs
ABCD Part 4: Core
- Sorting & Filtering the Entity List Form
- Search on Helper Data Fields
- Search on Related Data (Address, Email, Phone, etc.)
- Search on Misc Data (Baseball Team, Rank, etc.)
- Printable Report
ABCD Part 5: Core
- Document Management
- Create a Profile Picture
- Select a File, Copy to Server Folder
- Conditional Format Expiration Dates
- Custom Image Thumbnails
- Add Multiple Documents
ABCD Part 6: Core
The ABCD Part 6 is currently under development. Enroll now you can join in, watch videos as they're released, ask questions, and make suggestions!
ABCD Add-On Modules
After the Core package is finished, I will be releasing new Modules on a regular basis. These will be designed so that you can pick and choose which features you want and don't want in your database. Install only what you need. Some of these will include:
- Contact Management
- Letter Writer (Bulk Email, Print)
- Task Management
- Schedule & Calendar
- Importing & Tracking Leads
- Orders, Quotations, Invoicing
- Recurring Memberships
- Employee Time Tracking
- Inventory & Barcoding
Plus, the ABCD will eventually have full enhanced search capabilities, split database options, possible cloud-based data storage, and full security to lock the database down. I'll be adding these and a lot more features - pretty much everything I've covered in my classes - to the system, eventually.
I'll even be adding custom Modules for specific vertical markets like insurance (tracking clients, leads, policies), automotive (vehicle & fleet maintenance), schools (students, attendance, grades), budgeting, and lots more.
I am recording videos showing how the database is built, but mostly so that you can understand the construction and be better equipped to make any modifications or additions you may need on your own. This will be marketed as a finished database without the need for any enhancements, but, of course, one of the main reasons to use Access is so that you can make changes yourself. The videos will be a quick run-through of how each feature is built, as I'm building it. I will be using advanced features like SQL and VBA from the start, so you may want some SQL or VBA Developer Lessons under your belt if you're going to try to follow along. This is NOT a teaching database. Free Technical Support will NOT be offered.
There is NO free Technical Support provided on the ABCD if you have not taken ALL of my previous Developer lessons. There are a lot of very difficult, advanced programming concepts used in the construction of this database. I do not have the time to provide free support if you get stuck trying to make modifications. All I will do is point you to the appropriate Developer lesson(s) that cover the issue. There is a reason why (a) I say this is NOT a teaching database, and (b) there are pre-requisites. Feel free to ask questions, but I can't spend half an hour explaining concepts that are already covered in my other lessons.
Unlike my other courses and seminars which provide you with royalty-free databases that you can modify and distribute yourself, the ABCD does NOT come with a royalty-free license. You may only customize the database for your business needs and for use within your organization. You may not resell or distribute it to others without express written permission. In addition, if you are using it in an organization with more than 10 users, you must purchase additional licenses. Contact me for additional information. I will post additional details when the Core database is completed.
There are two purchase options available for the ABCD.
- You can purchase a fully editable and customizable copy of the database in addition to the video tutorials that show how it was built. This is the option you should pick if you want to make changes to the database for your own business needs, and you want to learn how the database was constructed to assist you. As a reminder, these are not teaching videos. They are simply provided to show you how the database was built. Free support is not guaranteed if you have questions. I do my best to answer questions, but I can't promise anything. You must purchase any pre-requisite parts or modules required. For example, you may not purchase Core Part 4 without first having parts 1 thru 3.
- Once the Core is finished, you can optionally purchase a use-only version of the database. This is the best option if you only plan on using the database for your personal or business needs, but do not intend on modifying the structure of the database. Free instructional videos will be provided to teach your staff how to use it.
I will be releasing new Core features and modules on a regular basis. You can see the list of features that are scheduled for development on the Coming Soon page. I would very much like your feedback on what features you think should be available. If you have a specific interest for your business type, let me know.